"sganzics challenge" award
What is it about?
An invitation to compete or take part
Something needing great mental or physical effort in order to be done successfully
To test someone's ability or determination
To encourage someone to increase their skills, determination, abilities, etc. by making them do something new or difficult
We want you to tell us about the challenges you face or have overcome in the course of providing critical care to your patients in the course of your work or in your units.
Why are we doing this?
Giving a VOICE to intensive care healthcare providers is one of SGANZICS’s core values. We want to give you the platform to share your story.
How is the Challenge Award different from the Education Award?
The Education Award involves the submission of a scientific abstract while the Challenge Award involves a video submission on content as stated in the eligibility criteria. Applicants may submit entries to both Awards.
What do you stand to win?
- Inaugural SGANZICS Challenge Award
- 20 min speaking engagement at SGANZICS 2019 as our faculty complete with speaker privileges (conference registration, social functions and SGD$1000)
- Social media and website presence/promotion
- Networking with international colleagues interested in LMIC development
Terms of Award:
1. Eligibility criteria:
- Content relating to intensive care in applicant's country: barriers, challenges, how it is/was overcome, vision/dreams/plans, issues you wish to call to attention, how people have risen to challenges and made a difference.
- Applicants from LMIC (criteria as per our Education Awards and as defined by the World Bank).
- Submit a 10-15 min video clip of presentation to be emailed to email@example.com with name, institution and country by 15 Jan 2019.
- Only original material.
- We respect personal privacy and confidentiality, so please provide proof of consent if footage of actual people or patients are used.
- Defamatory or offensive material will be rejected. Do not send material which is not appropriate for sharing.
4. Shortlisted applicants must be available for a video/tele-conference by selection panel and permit their video clips to be used for promotional purposes.
5. In event that there are no suitable applicants, selection panel reserves the right not to award the prize.Judging criteria is based on: